Most vehicles manufactured after 2000 are OBDII/OBD2 (second generation On-Board Diagnostics) compliant. This change has therefore created a need for tools, like the Viecar VC309, to retrieve the diagnostic information for these newer vehicles. If a problem is identified, the vehicle’s ECU turns on the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) – or the “Check Engine” light – to warn the driver. Furthermore, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) which identifies the source of the fault will also be stored on the ECU.
Through the use of the Viecar VC309, you’ll consequently save a considerable amount of money in unnecessary repairs through identifying the problem yourself straight away. Finally, the Diagnostic Trouble Code(s) can be erased from the ECU, and the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) switched off using the tool. The Viecar VC309 OBDII code reader is the perfect tool you need to retrieve important repair information from your vehicle.
Viecar VC309 Features:
- Stand-alone handheld diagnostic tool for reading and clearing diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs)
- Reads and clears Generic and Manufacturer Specific diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs), and turns off (resets) the check engine light if on
- Retrieves the vehicle’s VIN(Vehicle Identification No.) on select vehicles that support OBDII Mode 9
- Determines the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) status (ON/OFF)
- Reviews the emission readiness status of OBD monitors
- Crystal Clear Back-lit LCD display featuring two rows of data
- Unit includes a generously long OBDII/OBD2 cable allowing connection to compliant vehicles’ OBD2 port which not only allows for communication of information, but also provides power to the unit.
Benefits of the Viecar VC309:
- Very easy to use.
- No batteries needed as it’s powered via the OBD II cable.
- Easy to read back-lit LCD display screen.
- Stand-alone unit with no need for any additional devices
- Supports multiple trouble code requests: Generic DTCs, Pending DTCs and Manufacturer Specific DTCs
- Keeps your engine in good condition through regular inspections, thus minimising costly future repairs
- Helps to identify potential problems with a used vehicle before buying or selling
- Saves time and money on repairs; find out what’s wrong prior to repairing, and verify that mechanical problems have been rectified after servicing
- 1 x Viecar VC309 OBDII/OBD2 Diagnostic Fault Code (DTC) reader tool